Thursday, October 09, 2008

Future CEO?

In my various efforts to improve myself I have started reading more. Specifically reading material that will help with my career. (Or cooking and saving money). Currently I am reading a book called The Leadership Pipeline: How to Build the Leadership-Powered Company by Ram Charan, Stephen Drotter and James Noel.

It is about the 6 transitions leaders must take moving from individual producer (worker bee) to enterprise manager (CEO). It is very enlightening. Also there are really only 4 transitions for a small company such as mine. Further - after reading the explanation of the CEO role - I'm not sure I want (or would even be good at) that job.

But it does bring to mind the question: "What the heck am I doing?" And I mean that pretty much in the literal sense. I feel I have very little direction and therefore very little motivation to DO anything. I'm trying to decide what to do about that and so far I'm coming up blank.

No comments: