Friday, October 03, 2008

Go Dodgers!

So we've been Dodger fans for ever. Eric because the Albuquerque Dukes used to be their top-rated farm team and me because my dad liked the Dodgers (he's now a Mariner's fan).

Anyway, I'm not a sports nut. I don't even really like sports. I know the Dodgers play baseball and I've been to a few games in my life. Eric loves the Dodgers and was very excited that they were in the play-offs. And he was yelling around the house on Wednesday night as they were winning. I didn't even know who they were playing. But I was happy our (but mostly his) team was winning.

I live in South Bend - we have a LOT of Cubby fans. A LOT! So when I arrive to work yesterday there are people in my office commiserating about the fact that the Cubs lost. I (seriously with no malice or ill-will) piped up "But the Dodger's won!" Mostly just excited that I knew something I could contribute to the conversation.

I got a lot of dirty looks and even some vacating of my office. It took me a while to realize that we were talking about the same game. I'm slow sometimes, but loving. (tm DJ).

In other news, my blood work came back completely normal. So there is no medical explanation for my utter and complete fatigue.

Also, I threw my back out this week - by sleeping - how the heck does that happen? It's better now.

So glad it's Friday! I'm going to attempt to pre-make some meals this weekend for the crazy week we are expecting next week. It's my attempt to not spend money (or points) on eating out. We'll see how it goes. I'm not ready to spend the entire weekend cooking for the next month's meals, but I am willing to attempt three-four recipies to get me through next week.

No comments: