Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blogging App and Meal Planning

I found a blogger app - it cost $2.99 and I usually prefer my apps to be free, but we'll see how it goes. So far it connects to my Blogger, Picasa, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter accounts. How many more social networking places does one mommy need?

Tonight I went to a party. I like to get out and hang out with girlfriends, especially when I'm still trying to make friends. This was an interesting party for WildTree - spices and stuff. Anyway, we got to eat and I purchased stuff that includes a 4 week menu with shopping list, which makes me happy. I don't mind the cooking, I just want someone else to come up with the (30 minute or less) recipes and give me a shopping list so I don't have to figure it out myself. It was great when my dad lived around the corner and planned all the meals and did the cooking. He and I would shop together and I'd pay for the food, but the whole planning thing stresses me out.

I also want to know what I'm cooking before the night time comes, I don't want to have to make a decision at 5:00 at night when I'm getting ready to go pick up the kids from the YMCA. That's when I'll decide "McDonald's isn't THAT bad..."

So, after a discussion with my own mom, I've decided that I'm just going to plan little increments of time when I'll clean the house. Today when we got home I told the kids we were spending 20 minutes cleaning. It wasn't like I needed the entire house done, just 20 minutes of focused energy on the task of picking up.

Jordan loves to actually CLEAN things (dishes, windows, counters, floors). She's not all that interested in actually picking things up. And that's where it all breaks down... the clutter that accumulates. And I'm not even a pack rat! I'm all about the throwing things out and not saving anything and who cares about sentimentality! And yet, the clutter abounds. It's everywhere.

Well, now it's time for sleep. It feels as if it's a Friday, but it's not and there's one more day of work to go in this week.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: