Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fighting the Boredom Muncies

I never thought of myself as a boredom eater. Now that I'm aware of my dietary intake, however, I have to re-assess.

So my job has gone from 160 - 0 in like 2 second flat. I know it will pick up again and I will find projects that will overwhelm me, but in the meantime I'm fighting boredom and, obviously, writing more in my blog. I'm gradually adding back things that I neglected when I was so busy. But I don't want to add them ALL back at once because I don't want to have to put things off again, (should the business return).

Anyway... my point is that I find myself thinking about munching far more than I ever did when I was busy. I know it's just because my mind is not occupied and food is an easy thing to think about. Plus I'm thinking about food more. Planning my day, planning my meals, writing down everything I eat, budgeting my points. All this is thought energy toward food. And why not benefit from the actual eating.

I'm trying to be consious of when I'm actually HUNGRY. I remember when I was younger I seriously could not put food into my mouth if I wasn't hungry. I want to be like that again.

Oh, cherries. I have cherries in my lunch - that's a good low points healthy munchie type snack!

No comments: