Monday, September 22, 2008

A Yummy Delicious Snack

Who knows where famous cooks get their inspiration? Who knows when the bug for creating new meals starts? This weekend, while I was trying to nap I heard some goings-on in the kitchen. Jordan came in to my room and asked me to open for her the Sugar-Free Raspberry Preserves. I asked Jordan what she was doing. "I'm making a yummy, delicious snack!" Okay.

I didn't actually watch her make this snack, but based on what I cleaned up this is what I assume is in it:

1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
4 or 5 slices (what ever was left) of Deli Sliced Turkey
1/2 c. Raspberry Preserves (1/2 sugar free, 1/2 regular)
1/2 c. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup margarine spread (divided)

Place turkey and perhaps some Raspberry Preserves on the tortilla and roll it up. Leave empty turkey package on the floor. Cut tortilla in half (with a knife that 5-year-olds should not touch). Mix together Raspberry Preserves and Parmesan Cheese in a bowl... loudly. Spread over the top of the tortilla. Put the knife back in the preserves jar and leave on counter. Crumble the banana on top of that. Leave banana peel on different counter. Add dollops of margarine. Leave margarine tub out on stove top. Serve to brother as a picnic along with yogurt drinks.

Later I asked if they ate the snack and Jordan informed me that "Aron didn't like it." I don't know if any of it was eaten.

Ah, life with 5-year-olds.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: