Monday, September 15, 2008

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Saturday morning was a rather lazy one. Jordan woke up sometime around 7 or so (as she usually does). She wanted breakfast and a program (read: Spongebob Squarepants or The Fairly OddParents). I set her up out in the living room.

Aron was sleeping in our room and Eric and I were kind of sleeping or at least still in bed.

All of the sudden we heard a mighty crash. My first gut instinct was that the fish tank had fallen over. Eric and I scrambled out of bed and Jordan was pretty upset. I asked her what happened and she said "That fell down!" "That" turned out to be a wrought iron picture that fell off the mantle. I held her and calmed her down.

Aron came out and shouted "OH... MY.... GOD!!!!!! DADDY LOOK!!!!!" and I looked and it took a second for me to register that there were tree leaves resting against my back door. And then it took another second to realize that those tree leaves were also at the windows. And it took even longer to realize that it wasn't a branch that had fallen on our house, but rather a tree... that fell against our house.

Fortunately nothing was damaged. It was monsoon weather all weekend and we had no leaks. No water coming into our house. But we most definitely had a tree up against our house.

What a weird weekend.

Laying on the roof... and across the deck... the biggest casualty was our fence. and possibly the chimney.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: