Monday, January 22, 2007

Translation

- for those who may not speak "3 and a half"

On Friday - This is, to Aron, anything that is to happen (or he WISHES would happen) in the future. For example, "On Friday, I'm going to go to the beach." or "I'll pick up my toys On Friday."

Last Night - This is, to Aron, anything that has happened in the past. "Last night I had cereal." or "Last night KC got hurt" (which was actually Christmas Eve).

I NEED - This is, mostly to Aron, but also sometimes to Jordan , the phrase used to express anything their little hearts desire. "I NEED a tractor." or "I NEED cereal."

I Can't - This is pretty much the opposite of I NEED, but also replaces "doesn't" or "won't". So "I Can't eat my dinner, I'll eat it On Friday." or "It (which could be any toy or person or whatever) Can't work."

This has been your language lesson for the day... carry on.

1 comment:

Janet Kelley said...

I just rediscovered your blog and I love reading your entries!