Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Koi

 This is a picture of the Koi pond at our local Zoo (the Potawatomi Zoo). It's one of Aron's favorite hang-outs and he asked me to take pictures of it.

I finally went to the Dr. yesterday about my fatigue issues. I had blood work done but I'm still awaiting the results. On the one hand it would be nice if it were mono or anemia because that at least is a REASON, even though if it's mono that's gonna suck to just stick it out.

But on the other hand, if it's nothing they can tell from blood work that indicates it's mental. Either depression or just lack of focus on my part. And I'm not sure what to do about that either.

Today, being the first day of the month and the end of the quarter, kept me pretty busy. I didn't nod off once during work and my morning flew by. It is now 3:30 and I have a few things to do, but I should be able to get out of here around 4:30 and go home an change before Church tonight.

This weekend the kids and I went to the Farmer's Market in my attempt to 1) support local businesses, 2) pay less for groceries and 3) incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into our diet. We bought a whole chicken, which I roasted on Sunday and then used to make Soup for Tuesday. Note: the Farmer's Market does not carry swordfish steaks.

I also went to ALDI, which I should probably have been doing all along.

I do believe I spent less overall on groceries, but I'm still way stressed about money in general.

On Sunday we went to the Zoo. We also bought more fish. Subsequently we've lost 2 and 1/2 fish (the 1/2 is one that is really looking like it's dying, but every time I go to sweep it out it flops around). Eric took out the first fish that died - one of the swordtails. He put it in a bag for me to return (14 guarantee on fish from PetSmart). On Monday I was looking everywhere for the fish and couldn't find it. That evening Thumper was running around with something in his month. Turns out that between Eric's putting the fish in the bag and the kids' bedtime, Aron decided to put the fish in his bug vacuum container and hide it in his room somewhere. Thumper (having a 1st class sniffer) found said container and chewed it to bits.

The second fish is in my car with the receipt as we speak - I may go try to replace it this evening, except that PetSmart seemed to be pretty well out of that kind of fish (Algae Eaters) when I was there Monday.

The tank is fun, and currently clear, but I can't figure out how to get the Nitrite levels down to normal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: