Friday, October 24, 2008

October 24th

I haven't blogged in a couple weeks. I had that run of blogging almost daily and then it just died, like most things in my life.

I've picked up the pace a little bit at work. But not overwhelmingly so. I'm having trouble targeting what I should be focused on. (and subsequently am suffering guilt from not having focus).

Weight loss efforts continue to produce positive results. Last week I hit my 10% loss goal (the first goal they give you in Weight Watchers). I celebrated by eating way too much over the weekend and not planning this week's meals. Which means I fell back to old standards which tend to be high in fat and calories. They sure tasted good, though.

I'm still exhausted all the time, and I don't have a reason for it. I'm going to bed well before 10. I usually get in bed shortly after 9 with my book. I don't usually get very far in my book because I fall asleep rather quickly.

Then the following day I'm just constantly trying to stay awake.

I went to a conference on Tuesday which was mostly very interesting. One breakout session, however, was a bunch of legalize and it put me too sleep (it fell, unfortunately, right after lunch). I was looking around during the break after that session for a caffeine kick. I could have had coffee - but I really don't like coffee unless it has lots of stuff in it. And the options for said stuff were pretty non-diet friendly at this conference (no Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Lattes were offered). They were serving soda and happened to have Dr. Pepper. I don't like Coke or Pepsi at all, but I've always been a Dr. Pepper fan. I can usually avoid soda because Dr. Pepper (or Pibb) is rarely an option. But there was one, I needed the caffeine and I figured, what the heck. So I had a Dr. Pepper. After 5 months of not having any soda whatsoever, it didn't taste at all like I remembered. It wasn't even very appealing. Which is good in one sense, because now I really don't feel like I'm missing something by not drinking soda.

The kids have a Halloween party at church tonight. They are dressing up in the costumes from last year (Aron is Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas and Jordan is a princess - specifically Snow White from Shrek the Third - with tearaway sleeves). The biggest difference is that this year Jordan gets to wear make-up and put some purple highlights in her hair. She is VERY excited. And why I say VERY excited, I mean she's having trouble going to sleep because she's so VERY excited.

Tomorrow is Zoo Boo at our local Zoo which will provide another opportunity to wear costumes. And of course next Friday is Halloween and Eric will take them trick-or-treating while I hand out candy.

I'm glad today is Friday. I just wish I was full of energy.

No comments: