Thursday, September 11, 2008

Envision Your Life

So the first step to getting your life where you want it to be, apparently, is to imagine what that "where you want to be" looks like. For some reason I find this challenging. [I also find putting together my resume challenging, but that's a different story.]

There are a few things, however, that I can write down that I want my life to look like.

1) I want to be a healthy person who enjoys an active lifestyle. I want to feel like running around with my kids. I don't want to be in pain (mentally or physically).

2) I want my home to be a relaxing and restful retreat from life. I don't want my home to feel overwhelming or something to keep away from.

3) I want to appreciate those around me and enjoy the time I have to spend with them. I don't want to take people for granted, espcially my husband and children.

4) I want to continue to learn things. I think I really want to tackle a foreign language (probably Spanish). I want to be an example to my children of how great it is to learn new things. I don't want to become [more] narrow-minded.

5) I want to be consumer debt free. I don't want to owe anyone money except on my house.

Those are probably the top five. I think I am working on each of those things. But probably if I keep this as my "short-list" for what is important, it'll keep things focused.

I think I'm making Saturday Mornings "work mornings". The whole family will work until Lunchtime. Then we can do whatever after the kids nap. I imagine we will accomplish a lot by doing that week in and week out.

1 comment:

Janet Kelley said...

You articulate your goals very well!

As I recall, we used to get up early and watch a few cartoons on Saturday and then when mom gave the word we all had to do our respective jobs around the house. Since we were all busy "working" it was kind of fun.

good luck!