Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This and That

The tree is gone. They efficiently came yesterday morning while all of us were gone and took it away. I went home at lunch to check on them and the only remains were sawdust in the yard. I'm impressed with the speed and efficiency. [They even cleaned off the dog doo from the deck!] Now we are just waiting for the insurance adjuster to make contact so they can assess the damage. It really isn't much, surprisingly. There are a couple holes in the siding. One of the gutters is kind of smashed. The fence is broken. All in all quite a bit less than it could have been (or is for those who were in the direct path of Ike.)
___________

I steer clear of politics in this blog for a number of reasons. I will however share that this clip from SNL this weekend was humorous and enjoyable to watch. No matter your party affiliation or voting plans, this is funny.
___________

In other news my Weight Watchers plans are going well. Last night I made fish. This is something I've steered clear of. I know fish is healthy and when my father was living near/with us he made fish regularly (at least once a week). But I'm afraid of it because it's so easy to screw up, I think.

I found this recipe in Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook for "Herb Crusted Red Snapper." When I went grocery shopping on Sunday I couldn't find Red Snapper so I opted for Orange Roughy because I know Eric likes it.

I have to say, it turned out pretty well! Orange Roughy is a very mild white fish. The Herb topping was fantastic. It is served with steamed carrots and zucchini. The thing that took the longest was chopping up the veggies. (Very thinly sliced).

Tonight I'm making another recipe from that book - Stir Fry Chicken of some sort. I'm looking forward to it. I'm finding that I really enjoy cooking. Also, a great site to follow is Hungry Girl. She does Weight Watchers, but she also tests tons of food and gives substitute recipes for high-fat favorites.

Obviously there was no point to this post.

No comments: